If you are unable to recover lost passwords from your web browser or email clients then there are a set of things you will have to troubleshoot before deciding to open a ticket.
1. Always make sure to test both the VB6 (Visual Basic 6) and C++ client in order to rule out any compatibility conflicts with the clients.
Should one of the two different clients work and the other not, then you may proceed to open a ticket and inform staff about it. If not, then proceed to the next step.
2. Attempt to run the WebMonitor client as administrator by right-clicking on the WebMonitor client (.exe) and choose “Run as administrator” to rule out any permission issues.
If this step doesn’t help then proceed to the next step.
3. If you are attempting to recover passwords from your virtual machine, then be advised that the WebMonitor client is not fully compatible with virtual machines.
4. In some cases when the password recovery returns 0 results, the underlying problem is that a third party application, such as a Protector/Crypter, has been used with the WebMonitor client (.exe) and the customer has not even bothered recovering their passwords without the use of third party application. If a password recovery is necessary, then we always recommend doing so without the use of a third party application. If you happened to be using a third party application with the WebMonitor client while recovering and it still doesn’t work without using a third party application then you may proceed to the next step.
However, if the recovery feature was able to successfully recovery your lost passwords, then there is most likely a compatible issue with your third party application that you are using with the WebMonitor client. To read more about this, please visit: https://revcode.se/knowledgebase/is-webmonitor-compatible-with-protectors-crypters/
5. Make sure that other features operate as they should, i.e. if you were unable to recover your passwords for your web browser, then check to see if the feature for email client recovery works, given that you have at least one password saved with a supported email client, i.e. Thunderbird, and vise versa. If nothing still work, then proceed to the next step.
Should none of the steps above help, then you may proceed and open a ticket so that our staff may have a look into the issue. To speed the process up, make sure to include as much details as possible about the computer on which the WebMonitor client is running on, such as operating system, edition and architecture, i.e. Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.